- Who we are?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Who may use your information?
- Third party links and services
- How do we protect your information?
- Where is your information processed?
- Marketing communications
- How long do we keep your information?
- Your rights
- How do you contact us?
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old.
Who are we?
You can find details of all of our offices by visiting: https://www.energyintel.com/about-us-overview#locations .
What information do we collect?
Energy Intelligence collects personal information directly from you in connection with your use of the Site and Energy Intelligence’s provision of the EI Services, which may include:
• Contact information – name, job title, company name, department and location, email address, physical mailing address and telephone number;
• Professional information –such as your employment background, job description and related information;
• Transaction information – your financial information including credit card or other payment or billing information, your contact information, the products, services and events you are interested in;
• Responses to surveys – information you provide in responding to a survey on the Site, via an app or email, on the telephone or otherwise; and
- In connection with our conferences and similar events – dietary information.
We also collect information through means such as cookies – for more on this please see the next section below on how we use your information.
We collect personal data from you only when you voluntarily provide it to us or it is provided to us by your organization on your request and your behalf. You may withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time.
Finally, we may use publicly accessible information to verify information we are provided with and to manage and expand our business.
How do we use your information?
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the products and services you requested and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To compile internal statistical data reflecting Energy Intelligence title readership and to carry out research, including market research, statistical research on Site traffic, sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the services and products we provide to you and tailor the Site;*
• To provide internal departmental usage information for charge back purposes;*
• To notify you via email of any new and updated EI Services and Standard Terms and Conditions;
• To help in development of any new and updated publications, features and/or services and products;*
• To identify you as an Authorized User pursuant to a license or subscription agreement or otherwise when accessing the EI Services;
• To contact you with additional information about Energy Intelligence’s product and service offerings (subject to the relevant marketing permissions);*
• To provide the information, products, services, events or support you request and related after-sales services;
• To send other messages that are useful to the services and products we provide and events we host or co-host;
• To manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration;
• To promote our services, products or events or the services, products and events of our partners, including by email and via social media platforms (subject to the relevant marketing permissions);*
• To protect the security of our IT systems and services against unauthorized or unlawful access and misuse;*
In more legal terms, we process your personal data where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where this is necessary for:
- The performance of our contract with you for the provision of EI Services or to take preliminary steps at your request;
- Us to fulfil our legal obligations; or
- The purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. Our legitimate interests are those indicated with a “*” above, and we consider that we have implemented sufficient checks and protections to ensure that your rights and interests are not unreasonably intruded on.
Energy Intelligence also records your visits to the Site and any updates to the personal data that you enter or that are transferred from other related applications so that entries or changes can be validated.
Technologies such as “cookies” are used by Energy Intelligence and our Site analytics providers.
A web analytics service s shows us how visitors found and explored our site, and how we can enhance their experience. It provides us with information about the behaviour of our visitors (e.g., how long they stayed on the Site, the average number of pages viewed) and also tells us how many visitors we have had.
These various technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to, for example, the UK Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Applying to work with us
If you apply to work with us, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. As a global business we may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other companies or locations in our group. We will ask you to sign up to additional privacy terms if you apply for a job with us. Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage we will give more details about how we hold employee data and we will expect the employee to sign up to additional privacy terms as part of their employment.
We may retain details of candidates who may be of interest to us, either now or in the future, for up to one year and, if required, longer. If you would not like us to do that please let us know. Additionally, if your circumstances change – for example you no longer wish to be considered by us for employment – please let us know that too.
We may use third parties to consider potential hires. We may also verify details in your application and make what we consider to be reasonable and necessary background checks about you. These background checks may require a third party to contact you and obtain information.
Who may use your information?
We may also use your data for marketing purposes – please carefully read our statements on marketing when disclosing data to us.
Energy Intelligence may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where we have entities, offices or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, and to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the EI Services or other intellectual property of Energy Intelligence, or to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
Energy Intelligence may pass your personal data to third-party service providers providing contractual services to us, such as web hosting, delivering subscriptions, developing or supporting products and features, list processing, sending email messages on our behalf, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. Energy Intelligence provides such service providers only with the information they need to perform their services and subject to appropriate contractual protections.
Energy Intelligence also collects your credit card information when you choose to pay us by credit card. This information is shared with financial services companies relevant to the transaction.
We may also share your personal data with any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook or any other social media site if you have asked us to connect with your account.
You may have accessed our website(s) through a hyperlink from the website of one of our trading partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioural patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the unlikely event of a liquidation, bankruptcy or administration.